Thursday, July 17, 2008

My current pride and joy





I am SO excited that my garden is actually growing - I had to take pictures to post here. I got a late start when I found out our town house complex had a place we could plant a small garden, and then the weeds took over while I was in ID. BUT - I've been working hard all week to weed and get it back in shape and I think there is hope that I might actually get some vegetables from it this summer. I planted, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, carrots, onions, peppers, honeydew melon, beans and TOMATOES! So, many tomatoes I may have to have my own farmer's market! I just wanted to try a few of every kind and have enough for salsa and spaghetti sauce etc.... I think the 12 plants I have ought to be plenty! I have been mocked about it - people saying 1 plant alone would have been plenty for just me. Oh well - I'm sure I can find many people willing to help me eat them!

The pictures I'm attaching are a few shots for you to see the progress so far. I have one squash plant that I didn't plant, that just started sprouting right in the middle of one of my rows..... no idea what kind of squash it is - but it's doing alot better than my plants..... so I added a picture of it. I also had to take a picture for you to see the garden next door. The gal's dad owns the Highland nursery - and their garden is beautiful. It's a bit intimidating to be right next to them. Although - it's fun when people have come to visit and see my place to pretend their garden is mine when showing it off...... = ) It fools people temporarily at least.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool blog spot. I had no idea you were a gardner. We should have a fresh vegetable dinner party at harvest time. :)

MamaM said...

Yay for gardens. Next summer I'll get a plot and--don't worry--yours will look so much better than mine! I'm glad you started a blog (as if I don't see you often enough...) :)

Amber Baker said...

Hey, I am so glad I found you! Welcome to the world of blogging! Your garden looks better than mine. I miss you! Have fun with enrichment!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! This is the first time in 8 years I haven't planted a garden... or attempted to, anyway. I grew a new kid instead this year, and I knew I wouldn't be out there weeding when I was 9 months pregnant, or recovering/nursing. Next year. Yours is awesome. Great job!

Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Brenda - found your blog through Amber. I love blogs, so fun to see what is happening in everyone's lives! Glad to read that things are going well! If you want, check out ours carmelfactory.blogspot.com

About Me

I am excited to have my own blog and be able to record fun and memorable things here to share..... I am currently working at a new job as of September of last year - I am the Ticket Office Manager for the Events Department at Thanksgiving Point. I was ready to just have a fun, low stress job and it has been just that. I love going to work every day and being able to serve and interact with the public. I love all that Thanksgiving Point has to offer and enjoy being a part of it. I just moved into a new town home in March and have really been enjoying the area and the new ward I am in. I just got called to be the Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society, which will keep me plenty busy I'm sure. I love to spend time with my family, my neices and nephews are so entertaining and I never get tired of playing with and spending time with them.