I think I'm finally done with this blogging thing for the night - but just had to post the fun recipe I tried out on my sister and her family the other night. It turned out good and reminded me of summer - you'll have to try it!! =)
Chicken with Peach and Melon Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can peach halves, drained and rinsed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 cup pre-cut melon medley, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Place peaches halves on grill pan and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool and then dice into small pieces.
Season both sides of each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning. Place chicken breasts in pan and grill for 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine grilled peaches and remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
Serve chicken topped with peach and melon salsa.