Sunday, September 27, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
We hadn't planned to get together for my dad's 70th birthday - we were all just going to send something to my brother in ID to put in a nice book for him. I had hoped to be able to get away and drive up and I'm sure a few other siblings had thought about going, but as it turned out - through various emails and discussions - ALL 7 OF US decided to go and surprise him!! My oldest brother drove to Vegas from CA and met my sister and they flew up together.
Here are a few pictures of us just after we'd come out from hiding behind the wall at a Chinese place in Rexburg.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I have been anxious to get to see the new Draper Temple so I was excited when I found out my parents were coming down to go. It was fun to be able to join them. They even took me out to a yummy birthday dinner afterward.
The temple was neat to see. It was a silent tour, which was different than at the Rexburg Temple, due to the number of people coming through I'm sure..... so it made it nice at the end they had us all sit in one of the large sealing rooms and an older couple explained the sealing ordinance and expressed their gratitude for their temple marriage. It ended it with a great spirit there.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I think I'm finally done with this blogging thing for the night - but just had to post the fun recipe I tried out on my sister and her family the other night. It turned out good and reminded me of summer - you'll have to try it!! =)
Chicken with Peach and Melon Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can peach halves, drained and rinsed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 cup pre-cut melon medley, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Place peaches halves on grill pan and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool and then dice into small pieces.
Season both sides of each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning. Place chicken breasts in pan and grill for 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine grilled peaches and remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
Serve chicken topped with peach and melon salsa.
Katelyn tried this hat on while we were bargain shopping at Target. There were a bunch of toys for 75% off... Chad got a fun skeet ball game that everyone loved for such a great deal! Kates is so cute and fun to chat with - we had a few moments to ourselves where I got a full glimpse of her personality. Some very cute things come out of her mouth.... =)
- I am excited to have my own blog and be able to record fun and memorable things here to share..... I am currently working at a new job as of September of last year - I am the Ticket Office Manager for the Events Department at Thanksgiving Point. I was ready to just have a fun, low stress job and it has been just that. I love going to work every day and being able to serve and interact with the public. I love all that Thanksgiving Point has to offer and enjoy being a part of it. I just moved into a new town home in March and have really been enjoying the area and the new ward I am in. I just got called to be the Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society, which will keep me plenty busy I'm sure. I love to spend time with my family, my neices and nephews are so entertaining and I never get tired of playing with and spending time with them.