Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I think I'm finally done with this blogging thing for the night - but just had to post the fun recipe I tried out on my sister and her family the other night. It turned out good and reminded me of summer - you'll have to try it!! =)

Chicken with Peach and Melon Salsa

  • 1 (15-ounce) can peach halves, drained and rinsed
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
  • 1 cup pre-cut melon medley, diced
  • 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.

Place peaches halves on grill pan and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool and then dice into small pieces.

Season both sides of each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning. Place chicken breasts in pan and grill for 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine grilled peaches and remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.

Serve chicken topped with peach and melon salsa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds VERY yummy. Not sure family would appreciate the melon/peach thing, but I know I would love it. We'll have to plan another girl's night out and you can cook for us! Seriously!!! I'll start planning it C:

Brenda said...

I WOULD LOVE IT!!! I will totally cook for you guys! =) It would be so fun to get together again soon. I'll be waiting to hear what day you pick!! = )

emily alex sarabia bunch said...

wow these blogs are so awesome how are you i found you through shelley's
come check us out miss you my favorite partner. love em

About Me

I am excited to have my own blog and be able to record fun and memorable things here to share..... I am currently working at a new job as of September of last year - I am the Ticket Office Manager for the Events Department at Thanksgiving Point. I was ready to just have a fun, low stress job and it has been just that. I love going to work every day and being able to serve and interact with the public. I love all that Thanksgiving Point has to offer and enjoy being a part of it. I just moved into a new town home in March and have really been enjoying the area and the new ward I am in. I just got called to be the Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society, which will keep me plenty busy I'm sure. I love to spend time with my family, my neices and nephews are so entertaining and I never get tired of playing with and spending time with them.